Sunrise Balloon - Queenstown
Flights are at dawn when the air is cool and calm.
You will have views of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables ski areas, Mount Aspiring in the Southern Alps and Mount Tutoko in Fiordland National Park. Also you will see the Lake Wakatipu, Lake Hayes, the Shotover and Kawarau rivers. Some locations used in "The Lord Of The Rings" can also be seen, for example, The Ford Of Bruinen; Dimrill Dale; The Gates of Argonath; The Pillars Of The Kings. Also visible is Mount Earnslaw, one of the great mountains seen in Isengard.
Transport is provided to and from Hotels and Campgrounds in Central Queenstown and Frankton Road, if your Hotel or AIR BNB is outside this area we will arrange a convenient meeting point. Launch site is only a 15 minute drive from downtown Queenstown! Passengers need to call Sunrise Balloons 45 minutes before pick up time to find out if flight is operating (weather permitting).
Witness quite possibly the best panoramic views of Queenstown and its surrounds.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
As you rise to altitudes as high as 6000ft and drift with the breeze, you will witness quite possibly the best panoramic views of Queenstown and its surrounds - “The Hobbit” filming locations, Southern Alps, Lake Wakatipu, The Remarkables mountain range, NZ’s finest golf courses and much, much more. Our four distinct seasons offer beautiful scenery all year round, so make this your opportunity to get some of the most stunning photographs you will ever take
Passengers are encouraged to assist the crew to inflate the balloon and also to help pack it away after the flight. Celebrate your once-in-a-lifetime experience with a delightful champagne celebration with pastries and muffins in the field after your flight. Sunrise Balloons is a family-owned and operated company which has been flying in the region since 1998.
Tour Particulars:Duration : 3.5 to 4 hours, which includes a 1 hour (approx) flight. Departure Location : Pick-up/drop-off Queenstown accommodation. Departure Time : 5am in summer through to 8.30am in winter. Departure Dates : Year round, closed on Christmas Day. Pace : Relax Level of fitness required : Very Easy
What to bring:
Dress appropriately for the season, bearing in mind this is an outdoor activity.
Tramping boots or sports shoes are recommended. High heels and sandals are not suitable. Bring a hat!.
- Complementary shuttle from Queenstown accommodation by booking ahead
- 1 hour hot air balloon flight
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: