3 Day Hollyford Guided Trek
Hollyford 3 day guided trek
Located in the spectacular Fiordland National Park, the dramatic Hollyford Track guided wilderness experience is one of New Zealand’s greatest walks
Explore undisturbed and inspiring scenery that has remained largely untouched for thousands of years, from the snow capped mountains of the majestic Southern Alps, ancient native rainforest, pristine rivers and lakes to the remote sand dunes, reef and surf of the rugged West Coast. Your expert guide will bring to life the diversity of landscapes, vegetation and wildlife within this beautiful valley, as well as the captivating stories of the original Maori and early pioneers. The experiences are just as diverse and include hiking through ‘World Heritage’ wilderness, native wildlife encounters, wilderness jet-boating, exploring historical sites, and a scenic helicopter flight to Milford Sound.
On this 3 day / 2 night all inclusive guided wilderness experience you’ll enjoy first rate cuisine prepared and served by friendly lodge hosts while relaxing in well appointed and comfortable private lodges. A maximum number of 16 people in your group provides for a personal experience, and with your guide sharing their intimate knowledge of the area with you, it’s a wonderful way to explore the very essence of New Zealand’s wilderness.
HighlightsFiordland National Park Hiking 3 days
Located in the spectacular Fiordland National Park, the dramatic Hollyford Track guided wilderness experience is one of New Zealand’s greatest walksExplore undisturbed and inspiring scenery that has remained largely untouched for thousands of years, from the snow capped mountains of the majestic Southern Alps, ancient native rainforest, pristine rivers and lakes to the remote sand dunes, reef and surf of the rugged West Coast.
Terms and Conditions
Prices are based on twin share occupancy in a double room, and are subject to availability. If anything comes back unavailable, we will endeavor to find you a suitable alternative.
Click here for the full
Hollyford 3 Day Guided Trek
Day 1: Depart Queenstown 6.30am / Te Anau 8.30am. 19.5km Walking. Highlights Include: Native Rain Forest / Alpine Views / Crystal Rivers / Waterfalls
Day 2: 15km Walking. Highlights Include: Pristine Lakes / Wilderness Jet Boat / Pioneer Historical Sites / 1000 Year Old Native Forest / NZ Fur Seal Colony .
Day 3: 8km Walking. Highlights Include: Isolated Sand Spit / Maori Historical Sites / Rugged Coast / Scenic Helicopter Flight to Milford Sound .
Duration : 3 days / 2 nights
Departure Location: Queenstown The Spire Hotel, Church Lane Queenstown, Te Anau Distinction Hotel.
Departure Time : 7.00am
Departure Dates : Every 2nd day between Oct 2017-April 2018
Pace : Moderate
Level of fitness required : Moderate
What to bring
Summer : Sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera and warm outer layer clothing recommended.
Winter : Wear thermals including woollen socks, warm clothing, hat, gloves, windproof jacket, sunglasses, insect repellent & camera.
Bring swim gear and towel year round.
You'll walk through the rainforest of our South West coast and this location can experience high rainfall. Fiordland has one of the highest levels of rainfall in the world! Whilst this can make it spectacular and contributes to the beautiful flora, it also means that the track can be very wet, muddy and slippery. Likewise the creeks can rise rapidly, and therefore our groups often have to walk through water and mud – hence good quality, waterproof hiking boots are essential.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
- Pre-departure briefing.
- Use of backpacks, rain jackets and walking poles if required.
- Specialist, experienced guide for the complete itinerary
- Track accommodation in well-appointed private lodges with twin share rooms and hot showers.
- All meals on the track.
- Bedding, towels, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & hairdryers.
- Wilderness jet boat journey
- Amazing helicopter flight to Milford Sound.
- Return coach transport to Queenstown and Te Anau.
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: